So today, while I was sitting at the pool, sunbathing, reading my favorite magazine, "Wondertime", sipping a margarita and having my feet rubbed by a hunk of a man. Oh wait a minute, the margarita and feet rubbing man weren't there. Just imagining things. Anyway, I found this recipe that sounded intriguing. Intriguing, what am I talking about? It had a lot of things in it, that I had at home and that worked for me. If anyone knows my cooking they know that I'm not a big direction follower, or follower of rules for that matter, so I took the recipe into my own hands,mouth, mind, etc.
Here is the recipe as posted in the magazine and here is what I did. Either way, I'm sure it is delicious. All 3 of us, agreed that this was something to make again. Easy, yummy and cheap! Just what we like!
Orange-Scented Cold Peanut Noodles - Let's rename this "PB and Noodles"- named by Scott
Written By Catherine NewmanOkay, I don't know that you can really smell the orange, but my kids though this sounded fancy. Boost the main-dish status here with some shredded grilled chicken breast or rotisserie chicken.
Serves 4 generously
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter - I used creamy and crunchy, b/c that is what I could scrounge close to a 1/2 cup of
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar ditto
1/3 cup orange juice orange, pineapple, apple juice - same thing, and also good with a little or a lot of Malibu Rum
1 clove garlic, pressed sure
1/4 cup soy sauce OK fine
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil- ha, the sesame oil I found here was hard, (oil hard?) pretty sure it has been here all 8 years we have been, SO I went ahead and used a gourmet vegetable oil
1 tablespoon honey all right
1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated ok
1/4 cup hot water maybe she does know what she is talkin about.
1 pound angel hair pasta, cooked, drained and rinsed-something like that....
2 scallions, very thinly sliced (optional) a bunch of sliced green onions was what we had
1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced into long, narrow strips, then cut crosswise2 tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped (optional) whatever to all of this, the garden isn't ready yet
I also added a jar of bean sprouts, a handful of slivered almonds and chicken marinated in a teriyaki sauce. This filled the veggie and protein requirements a little better.
Whisk together first 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Add pasta, scallions, cucumber, and cilantro, and use your fingers to toss and coat the noodles. Add salt or more vinegar if it isn't as vibrant as you like. Let sit at room temperature if you're going to eat fairly soon — otherwise refrigerate.
Mix it, and pour over noodles- Top with chicken !
Hope everyone enjoys this, and if you give it a try either way or a twist of your own, I'd love to hear about it.
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment