Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend Getaway-GIRLS ONLY!

This weekend, 7 of us, from work or with a connection to someone from work went to Ste Genevieve, Mo and spent time at some of Crown Country's wineries, and lodging. We purchased a package called, the "The Weekend Diva Getaway. This package is so worth the money. We spent very little and had a great time! http://www.crowncountry.com/

The trip began yesterday morning in Fenton, we took 2 vans, because a woman in a van is HOT! On the way down, I may have busted out the Boone's and Busch. We arrived at the winery around 11 am. A nice fellow named Linnell, was our "driver for the day". He took us to the Champagne house, where we could taste some of their higher end wines and champagne. At this location a taste, is a glassful, yeah.....After a while there, Linnell took us to the winery. Some more tastings and a few bottles later, we were tired, drunk and realized that none of us had eaten that day. So, Linnell took up back to the house. It was perfect for us. An older home, nicely updated, with a kitchen, living room, 2 baths and 4 bedrooms. We got the food out, attempted drinking some more, and laughed our asses off! By 7:30, we had started heading to bed. CRAZY talk, I know, but we had been drinking since 10:30. Us old gals, had done all we could. rumor has it, I was loud, rumor is all that is.... there can't be any truth to that....



This morning around 5, we all started getting up, then laying back down. By 7, we were all ready for breakfast. A brunch was included in our package, and all we knew was that we were pumped for BACON! There was a buffet and it had BACON! SCORE!!!!! Just making up for all the calories we burned laughing...



The camera was out, then away, through the day. Here are a few of our shots! The lovely lady in the vest and teal shirt, we don't know, but I have her business card, in case I ever want to get in touch with her :)


Nina, Fran, Desi, Me, Angie, Nicole, Michelle and our new friend.


Me, Fran and Nina- I don't remember this, even better !!!!




Angie and Michelle



Nicole and Desi, or is it Cher???





Desi and Nina- can you tell they are sisters?

Not sure what Nina is doing to that pumpkin???? Behind her is our ride of the day.
Pic is above...




Angie and Desi. hmmm are they having fun?






Not only was the weekend great, Scott made coming home even better. After a week traveling for work and 4 days following in Iowa, hunting. Scott has been a real Mr. MOM since Wednesday. While of work Thursday and Friday, Scott kept Jay with him. They did all kinds of boy things, and were both tired at the end of the day. I am so glad they have the time to spend together. Daddy is the most important person to Jay. I was worried that leaving for the weekend was pushing my luck, but I arrived home Sunday to a CLEAN house, much cleaner than I left it, as well as beds stripped of the dirty sheets and 2 happy guys. I now, know how capable Scott is of taking care of the house. I am going to have to plan another weekend like this very soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are going to have to plan one of these trips when I come home. That sounds like a blast!!!!