
Because I love food, I love to think about it, prepare it and eat it. I am wondering if anyone made any popular dishes for the holidays that we a huge hit at your celebrations. I went to quite a few places and took the traditional cookie platter. It varies from year to year. This year I baked 7 varieties of cookies:
Magic Cookie Bars-Santa's favorite
Oreo Balls- who doesn't love those?
Christmas Trees- made by my mom growing up
Hot Chocolate Mexican cookies- New this year and I loved them.
Marshmallow, Peanut butter blobs- huge kid hit, recipe from my friend Lori
Sugar cookies with Andes mint drizzles
and gingerbread because it is so fun to make with kids.
In addition to cookies, I brought a dip, and a cream cheese based one at that. No surprise there, to anyone that knows me at all. Artichoke dip and baked potato dip were alternated for 4 days.
Today was our last celebration and I hosted:
Deer sausage, cheese of varying kinds, smokie wieners and sweet pepper dip- all brought by the fam... yum, yum, yum!
Ham- free from Scott's work. Cha Ching!
topped with Cranberry Orange sauce.
Here's where it gets exciting, if you are obsessed with food like me.
Broccoli grit souffle from Paula Dean, that I changed because I am so not type A, and am not patient enough for all the steps she included. It was the favorite dish of the day. Everyone wanted to take it home! I love when that happens to an "altered" recipe!
PW's Creamed Potatoes- this was inhaled at almost the same rate as the grit souffle, but took a short second to. Must be because I followed all the directions.
Brussel Sprouts- cooked in butter and beef bouillon
Whiskey Glazed Carrots- another PW recipe that I followed directions on. It is hard to break her rules.
and last, Bread and Butta!
The pic included is the result all this food had on my dad. No furniture and lots of heavy food!
No comments:
Post a Comment