Jay, Scott and the FISH! Notice, Jay is back pretty far from it.
George and his look alike almost grandson, Jack- my nephew, by my sister.
Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there! We have had a busy, but nice day celebrating fatherhood. This morning started a little late, at "The pond" for breakfast and lunch, while fishing. We were a bit tired after a late night at the pool, but eventually made it to "the pond". Jay had a blast learning to cast a large fishing pole. He had casting with a kids pole down pat, but one 3 times as long was a bit difficult. After many attempts, he became a real pro. I taught him everything, I remember my dad teaching me. Just as I turned the video mode on, for a great cast, he snagged one! Jay's first fish! He was a bit excited, but as that fish came out of the water and closer to him, he didn't want much a part of it.
We came home early afternoon and got ready for our company. We had both of our immediate families over and our grandmas. Scott showed us all his great grilling techniques, while grilling the shrimp embrochette, kabobs and wieners. Not only was Scott a great cook, he showed his unselfish-ness by grilling on Father's Day, as well as giving Jay his shower this evening. I had a pic of this... but they would probably prefer I keep it of the Internet :) Jay had such a wonderful time with BOTH his cousins- Jack and Tyler. There were a few 3 boy pile ups, and lot of sand. I am so glad we were able to spend this evening together.
Even though Scott and I have difficulty communicating small things, like the chores or what needs to be done, I couldn't ask for a better man to be the father of my son. Scott shows real love to Jay, and his nephews. I hope that one day, he can have more children to show this love to.
No comments:
Post a Comment