Wednesday we went with some friends and picked blueberries. We ended up leaving with 9 lbs of berries. Not what Dena and I had wanted- we could have picked all day, but with a 3, 4 and 6 year old, the picking was limited. The girls did a great job picking for quite some time. Jay was very excited to go, but after arriving, didn't have much interest in the berries.
Jay has been very excited about quite a few of my plans for us. He may start to avoid or refuse my ideas, if I keep having him do things, that are more fun for mom. So afterward, we took the kids to McDonalds to eat lunch and play on the play area. Something that Jay has only done once before. I think I made it up to him. Last the kids came over to play and off we went
to the hay bales. Addison was quite the jumper and not afraid of much. Thanks for a great day guys.
Thursday evening we went to the local county fair. We went with intentions of buying the neighbor girls rabbit, and after staying til midnight, we did. She was very surprised by the price that her bunny brought. her grandma and grandpa had something to do with it too. Jay had a blast- he played on everything. There was an entire section filled with different kinds of bounce houses. If we had not run into some of our friends with a boy of the same age, Jay may not have had all the fun he did. Thanks Nathan for showing Jay around the fair. Mom even went on the Ferris wheel with Jay, I have to say that I hated it, but what we do for our kids is amazing..... Heights never used to be anything that scared me, but now that I'm older, I have become quite the scaredy cat.
So 14 kids, 7 mommies, 6 colors of dye and a lot of fun later, we dyed everything from undies, shirts, jammies, shorts, socks and bed sheets. And it all turned out great. We had some great teachers come advise us on good dying, and all the kids were great. Everyone was so well behaved, and got along so well. I think it was a great day .
Tie Dye cake and Jay dying his green shirt.
The "big girls", as Jay referred to Molly, Betsy and Shannon. They were the coolest. All 3 of them, showed the rest of us some great tie dye techniques, as well as bringing a tie dyed cake. Thanks big girls!
Here is a bunch of the kids, hopping, crawling, flying across the hay bales. This is a favorite of Jay's, but on Wednesday while sporting cowboy boots, he fell and was a little shy to jump for a few days. Two days later, and 14 kids- Jay decided he could show them how it was done. Surprisingly, the boys were not as hip to this fun as the girls.
Overall it was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment