Turning 32 could not have been any better. 31 sucked! So I guess someone above felt bad, and gave me the best birthday I can remember. It all started on Tuesday the real day! Mom kept Jay, and offered to serveus dinner after I got off work. When I arrived at mom and dad's house, I was shocked. Jay and mom had decorated, grilled steaks and purchased a birthday cake for me. Mom took Jay to Home Goods and let him pick any gift he wanted to wrap and give to me. Jay chose some lovely pear printed guest towels. the word PEAR, has come up a lot lately. After a trip to Costco, Jay insisted on mom making sure the cake did not just say "Happy Birthday", but that it included my name. So a trip back to the bakery was needed:)
The meal was delicious and Jay was so proud to celebrate with me. What a wonderful grandma/mom to help her grandson throw mom a party!
THANK YOU MOM!!!!!

Jay was so proud of his decor, and gifts. It was a great surprise.

Getting balloons ready for mom!

The party planners and myself!
The weekend following my birthday, we headed north to the Pear Tree Restaurant.
For any that haven't heard us talking about this place, it is AMAZING! We were taken a few years ago by Jill and Phil, and have done the best to let others in on this small town secret. Mom and Dad were generous enough to take, myself, Scott, Jay, Jack and Jill to the Pear Tree. So after our 2+ hour drive, we did some damage, at ate ourselvs into happiness and great nights sleep. It was all we could have dreamed of! Jay managed to choke down 6 giant onion rings. What a boy!

MMMMM.... good. Mushroom strip steak with garlic mashed potatoes!
What kind of weirdos take a pic of their food???
ME!!!!
Jay and I's sorry attempt at snapping a pic of ourselves. Scott was at the opposite end of the table and a group photo was not a popular topic.

In addition to all of these wonderful things, I had great treats brought to work!
Thanks everyone for making my day special.
1 comment:
Kim, I also take pictures of food, especially those that Adam prepares. So your not the only weirdo. lol
Post a Comment